Free Training Program — Sign Up Now!
Do you want to use your voice to impact public policy decisions?
Would you like to develop partnerships with elected officials who make decisions about the services you and your family use?
Are you ready to take the next steps toward improving your advocacy skills for yourself and your community?
The ALPS (Advocacy, Leadership and Policy Success) program is designed for people with disabilities, family members of people with disabilities, and allies who want to support people with disabilities and their families. You will learn about services that support people with disabilities, policy, and how to drive change in the state of Utah.
What should I expect if I participate?
You will work individually and in a group to help you reflect on your life and your community. Each person will work toward creating a personal advocacy plan with the skills and knowledge gained throughout the program.
In this program, you will:
- share thoughts and ideas with other participants
- attend 80 hours of training: 5 in-person training sessions and 6 online sessions between September and May (no session in December)
- be open to challenging yourself to think differently and to be open to new ideas
- give feedback to presenters and program staff on presentations, activities, and advocacy skills taught
- set goals and take action
What does it cost to participate?
It doesn’t cost anything, It’s FREE!
Who do I contact to sign up or get more information?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-245-7350